Who, What, When, Where, Why and How on HVAC System
Everyday I am getting who, what, when, where, why and how on HVAC system. I thought that this blog would be good to address some of the more popular questions that I get and hopefully it will be able to help you as well.
- Who do I call if I am having issues with my furnace or A/C? Quality Comfort Air, LLC works on both heating and cooling systems. Our service tech will let you know what the diagnosis with your system is and give you the best options that will work with your budget. QCA is licensed and insured.
- What should I do if my furnace is not kicking on? Check your batteries in your thermostat. Make sure light switch to furnace is on. If that doesn’t turn it on, call us to come out & take a look.
- What if my drain line is leaking outside my house? Typically that means your drain line is clogged & will need us to come out & clear the line & ensure properly draining.
- When should my furnace have a check up? Typically you should schedule your furnace check around October or November.
- When should I have my A/C check up? Typically you should schedule your A/C check up around March or April.
- Where is my pilot and filter on my furnace? The pilot is located on the burning assembly close to the gas valve. The filter for your furnace is located on the back of furnace or it uses your A/C filter in the return.
- Where does my A/C drain to and where is my condenser and coil? Your A/C drains into a plumbing connection in attic or in bathroom sink, the emergency line in the soffit over a window or door . Your condenser is located outside your home on the slab, while the coil is located inside typically in the attic but can be in a closet.
- Why is my furnace blowing cold air? It could be due to dirty furnace or a part that has gone out.
- Why is my A/C blowing hot air? Could be due to outside unit not coming on, low on freon, dirty filters, or a part that has gone out.
- How do I light my pilot on the furnace? Most modern systems today do not require you to light the pilot. If the pilot is not coming on then you need to call QCA because there is another problem.
- How I maintain my A/C unit? Change filters every 1-3 months. Keep batteries fresh in thermostat. Another thing you can do is get on a maintenance program that will cover your A/C and heating units yearly. If you do these simply steps it can help the life of your equipment.